BBRC Head of Credit: Job Description
Organisation: Bristol & Bath Regional Capital CIC
Location: Central Bristol
Contract type: Associate (consultancy basis)
Salary: £400 per day
Hours: 1 day per week
About Bristol & Bath Regional Capital CIC (BBRC)
Are you interested in using your professional skills to make a transformative and long term difference to society? If so, please read on.
BBRC is a public benefit investment company working with local people, companies and institutions in the West of England to catalyse regional change.
We facilitate effective collaborations designed to improve lives and encourage deeper civic engagement by directing local and external investment into commercially viable projects and enterprises that enhance the social, environmental and economic fabric of the region.
Our initial investment themes include homes and communities, community asset development, low carbon economy & the environment and employability & enterprise.
BBRC is owned and supported by Bristol City Council, the University of Bristol, the University of West of England, Bath Spa University, Voscur, The Society of Merchant Venturers, Business West, St John’s Foundation and the John Pontin Trust.
We have built up a track record of delivering on small and medium capital projects in the West of England since our incorporation two years ago, and are now looking to take on larger and more complex deals for which we need to have a credit risk perspective going forwards.
More details can be found on our website: www.bab-rc.uk
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive and the Board, the Head of Credit has responsibility for ensuring that the organisation is applying good credit practice across all of our activities in order to create a sustainable and resilient organisation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advising the Executive Board on various risks associated with the projects and funds that BBRC seeks to work on, including attendance at monthly Executive Board meetings.
- Working with the BBRC Executive Board to develop funding structures balancing project and fund risks and rewards.
- Working with the staff team to shape proposals for the BBRC Boards, in a ‘defensive’ capacity to ensure that all proposals are sound and viable
- Reporting sufficiently on project and fund risks along with mitigations
- Adapting, improving and maintaining a company risk register
- Attending monthly project committee meetings to review and discuss progress and developments on the project pipeline, then reporting to Executive Board on key project financial and delivery risks.
- Experience in assessing and managing credit risks of both unsecured (typically less than £1m) and secured (typically £5m+) investments.
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in credit and risk related roles.
- A professional qualification (accountancy, investment, legal, commercial or corporate banking).
- A proactive self-starter who is able to manage relationships effectively within the BBRC Boards and Committees.
- Ability to travel regularly around the West of England and occasionally to London.
- IT literate.
- Excellent written skills.
- Experience in the social enterprise or social investment sector.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.