South Bristol Sports Centre (SBSC) Project
Who they are
South Bristol Sports Centre (SBSC) is a not-for-profit Charity created to serve and provide facilities for the local community.
The proposed development comprised of the provision of a new all-weather pitch area that will be subdivided into 6 mini pitches, fencing to this facility, the relocation of the cricket training area, the relocation of the bowls green, extension to the car park and provision of low level floodlighting to serve the mini-pitches.
The facilities will accommodate 30 leagues running over a 5 day period from the hours of 6pm – 11pm. The newly developed centre will cater for an estimated capacity of 1750 people each week and will be open to all for the local community and beyond. The emphasis of the centre is to promote further participation by community users and to encourage increasing numbers of people to get involved in activity.
- 6 x Purpose built pitches
- Walkways between each pitch
- Separate entrances
- Specific instantly updated website to include fixtures, tables, results and more
- Cameras on pitches to record goals
- Changing facilities
- Existing Supporting Bar and Catering facilities with Sky Sports and ESPN
- Being able to express themselves and find a sense of purpose in life and of belonging through engagement with sporting activities
- Experiencing improvements in own life following engagement with sport
- Developing a new skill in the past year
- Increasing the amount of time committed to volunteering or unpaid help or work
- Participating and contributing to community decision making
- Feeling a sense of belonging in the community