Job title: Administration Executive
Organisation: Bristol & Bath Regional Capital CIC
Location: Remote working, with occasional attendance of meetings in central Bristol if possible/appropriate
Salary: £7.65 – £10 per hour depending upon experience
Academics: Educated to A levels or equivalent, and/or suitable work experience
Hours: 3 hours per day, 4 days per week
Contract type: Short term – 3 months, extendable by mutual agreement
About Bristol & Bath Regional Capital CIC (BBRC)
Are you interested in using your professional skills to make a transformative and long term difference to society? If so, please read on.
BBRC is a public benefit investment company working with local people, companies and institutions in the West of England to catalyse regional change.
We facilitate effective collaborations designed to improve lives and encourage deeper civic engagement by directing local and external investment into commercially viable projects and enterprises that enhance the social, environmental and economic fabric of the region.
Our initial investment themes include homes and communities, community asset development, low carbon economy & the environment and employability & enterprise.
BBRC is owned and supported by Bristol City Council, the University of Bristol, the University of West of England, Bath Spa University, Voscur, The Society of Merchant Venturers, Business West, St John’s Hospital Bath and the John Pontin Trust.
More details can be found on our website: www.bab-rc.uk
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive, we’re looking for an Administration Assistant with excellent attention to detail, a proactive attitude, and a track record of always delivering tasks on time.
- Acting as PA to the Chief Executive: arranging meetings, phone calls, and full management of his diary
- Proof-reading, editing and formatting Word, Powerpoint and Excel documents
- Responsive task management, turning emails around as quickly as possible, ideally within 24 hours of receiving them
- Supporting other members of the BBRC team with administrative tasks where appropriate
- Experience: A-levels or equivalent qualification
- Communication: The ability to judge and write emails and conduct phone calls with appropriate tone and content to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work with documents/meetings that include technical language, and ascertain enough to complete associated admin tasks accurately and correctly
- Attention to detail
- Creative: Willing to take the initiative and be proactive within fast moving and innovative environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- IT literate
- Commitment to achieving social impact.
- Previous experience of more advanced administrative tasks e.g. managing monthly accounts, invoicing, IT systems, CRM systems.
- Existing understanding/experience of finance and governance-related technical language and concepts.
- Advanced administrative and analytical skills e.g. report writing, data analysis, systems set up, in order to fulfil an expanded job role if appropriate in the future*.
- 25 days holiday pro rata
- Remote and flexible working within 8am – 6pm
- Work phone, phone contract and relevant IT provided (email address, Dropbox subscription, Office 365 online)
You’ll need to provide…
- Your own computer
- Your own secure and reliable internet connection
*NB The job role may develop into one with more hours and a wider range of tasks, but this is subject to the employer’s discretion and is not guaranteed.
To apply, please send a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com. We’ll be accepting applications until Monday 13th February 2017.