Job title: Operations Executive
Organisation: Bristol & Bath Regional Capital CIC
Location: Central Bristol
Hours: Full Time (5 days per week, Monday to Friday)
About Bristol & Bath Regional Capital CIC (BBRC)
Are you interested in using your professional skills to make a transformative and long-term difference to society? If so, please read on.
BBRC is an award-winning social investment company. We bring together ethically minded investors with projects that generate financial returns and social impact in our region. That includes investment in businesses with a strong social or environmental purpose, and in charities looking to create new income streams. We’re passionate about using business to create positive social outcomes. BBRC is emerging as a strategic force for good in the Bristol and Bath region and recycles all profits for further investment. We are committed to creating positive impact in the West of England using investment as a tool.
We’re a young company – we incorporated four years ago and we’re working hard with a small team to establish ourselves as a sustainable social business. We’ve got a fantastic network of members and supporters from across the public, private and third sector, including Bristol City Council, the University of Bristol, the University of West of England, Bath Spa University, Voscur, The Society of Merchant Venturers, Business West and the John Pontin Trust. Our ambition is to become a significant and commercially sustainable driving force in the development of the region, catalysing regional change through civic led, commercially focused and innovative investment.
Our current focus is across three business areas;
- • Financing Homes & Communities: delivering social value, creating a community and providing innovative solutions to the affordable housing shortage.
- • Fund Management: We’ve just launched City Funds, an innovative place-based fund providing blended finance to support projects that target economic inclusion, develop community initiatives, promote environmental transformation and combat child hunger.
- • Advisory: we support social enterprises, charities and social businesses to develop new sustainable financial models and bring together ethically minded investors with innovative local organisations to finance projects for the benefit of the region.
The importance of the Operations Executive: about the role
The Operations Executive’s job is to get our team working effectively, with efficient systems and processes. You will need to be happy taking ownership of varied pieces of work which ensure the efficient running of the business and smooth delivery of excellent service to our clients. The role suits a highly organised team player, who can bring energy, ideas, and importantly, muck in with the tasks at hand. These include:
Process, operations management and governance:
- • Creating, implementing and maintaining company process and operations covering HR, IT, office management, communications, social impact, data storage and managing other outsourced services.
- • Working closely with the team to ensure that we’ve got the information we need to keep on top of our finances.
- • Managing relationships with our stakeholders, managing our boards, co-ordinating meetings, preparing board papers, taking minutes, and liaising with our board members.
- • Liaising with lawyers/company secretary to ensure correct governance practices and changes are made.
- • Responsive task management, turning emails around quickly (ideally <24 hours)
- • Supporting other members of the BBRC team with administrative and IT-related tasks where appropriate.
- • Internal communication, including managing our data sharing systems and internal communications channels.
- • Drafting or amending HR and legal documents as required.
- • Office and facilities management, managing billing and external room bookings.
- • Responsible for maintenance of IT systems and processes.
- • Working with BBRC’s outsourced HR provider to ensure that BBRC’s HR operations are best practice.
- • Updating policies and procedures.
- • Organising and/or carrying out; staff inductions, appraisals, annual leave and sick leave checks etc.
- • Supporting team with HR administration including offer letters, contract amendment letters, job adverts etc.
- • Organising team events and team focused activities.
- • Coordinating volunteer and intern placements.
- • Event management in conjunction with our partners, and organisation of external events for BBRC (including occasional evening events).
- • Regular scheduling of social media, email and website content (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter).
- • Maintenance, improvement and control of our website.
- • Commissioning promotional branded materials.
- • Regular administration and maintenance of BBRC’s Customer Relations Management (CRM) system with input from our various communications and membership activities and project pipeline.
- • Preparation of ad-hoc presentations as required.
- • Drafting and styling impact reports under supervision.
You will be:
- • Highly organised with excellent project management skills.
- • Creative and a self-starter. You need to be keen and able to take initiative, learn fast and prioritise effectively to support our young, fast moving organisation.
- • Adaptable and innovative – able to take part in designing new processes (often from scratch), coming up with ideas and solving problems. You thrive in a rapidly changing and evolving environment.
- • A team player with a commercial mindset. You will bring a modern, commercial approach in order to deliver a highly effective and value-driven service, with an emphasis on business partnership, in a small and agile organisation.
- • Highly IT literate, confident working with IT systems, including website maintenance.
- • Comfortable managing own time effectively, with minimal supervision.
You will have:
- • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a diverse team.
- • The ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a variety of individuals from key influencers in the region and the national social investment sector through to professional advisors and external suppliers.
- • Confidence to manage relationships effectively and independently.
- • Excellent written presentation skills.
- • Excellent attention to detail with a ‘right first time’ attitude.
- • A strong commitment to delivering positive social outcomes for our region.
- • Ability to travel locally around Bristol and Bath, and occasionally further.
- • GCSEs or equivalent A*- C in Maths and English.
Desirable but not essential
- • Previous experience within the social investment sector.
- • Previous demonstrable commitment to the third sector via volunteering or other contribution.
- • Strong networks locally.
- • Staff management experience.
- • Academic: investment training or qualification and/or undergraduate degree.
- • A defined contribution pension scheme.
- • 25 days holiday.
- • Potential for flexible working arrangements, by mutual agreement.
To apply please send a CV and short covering letter to email@example.com.